Water District 7
Position Summary: Water District No. 7 is hiring for a Water System Maintenance Operator. Under the direction of the District Manager, the Operator will perform a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled labor in the maintenance, construction, and repairs of the water system, storage facilities, and grounds. This position also works closely with contractors to respond to inquiries from customers and general contractors.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High School diploma or GED.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and insurable without special policy consideration.
- Required to have at time of hire, or to obtain, KDHE’s Small System Operator classification within 1 (one) year of hire.
- Aptitude for trade skills
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Operate light equipment, pumps and other related equipment.
- Read and interpret Water District Maps and use GIS mapping system
- Respond to emergency alarms and calls as required.
- Operate computer systems.
- Establish and maintain a successful, professional and respectful working relationship with other employees, customers, and contractors.
- Effectively organize and prioritize work load.
- Exercise independent and sound judgement in the field with minimal management oversight.
Offered Company Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Company-funded HSA account.
- Paid time-off.
- Retirement plans offered through KPERS, including 457(b) and 401(a).
- Optional group life insurance.
- Over-time available.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Salary Range: Commensurate with skill set.
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Rotating on-call hours
Water District No. 7 conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org