Website USD 232 School District
USD 232 is looking for a Business to Education Coordinator for their USD 232 Real World Learning program.
The Business to Education Coordinator works with the Career and Technical Education Coordinator to provide leadership and management to ensure that USD 232 meets or exceeds the expectations for the Kauffman Foundation Real World Learning grant by increasing student achievement of meaningful Market Value Assets.
- Reports to: Joseph Kelly – Director of Secondary Curriculum
- Supports: Cindy Swartz – Career and Technical Education Coordinator
Business Partner Development
- Assists in the development of the Real World Language program as a model for regional and national growth.
- Develops new and continuing CTE Business Partner and Mentor relationships.
- Acquires, retains, grows, and coordinates business partnerships that ultimately result in an increase in mentoring and internship opportunities, guest speakers and instructors, and expert curriculum developers.
- Partners with the Communications Department to develop press releases to be used with media, community leaders and business partners for the purpose of acquiring new RWL business partners.
- Partners with the Communications Department to prepare articles on mentoring, speakers and internship relations and keeping the USD 232 staff and community informed.
- Partners with the Career and Technical Education Coordinator, to perform internal and external marketing and communications strategies.
Business and Industry Partnership Development
- Partners with Career and Technical Education Coordinator to recruit, develop, retain and monitor business and industry partners that result in the following investments: curriculum input, guest speakers, guest instructors, mentorships, internships, externships, client connected projects and gifting of assets (equipment, satellite space, financial contributions).
- Manages the comprehensive Business Development Database and maintain a RWL business partner/community member data warehouse for the purpose of documenting activities, meeting compliance requirements, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Develops, delivers, and evaluates training programs for mentors, internship sponsors, guest speakers and guest instructors for the purpose of conveying information required to accomplish assigned functions.
- Develops and executes target list of new business partners for the purpose of gaining their participation in mentoring, internships, guest speaking and/or guest instructing for all CTE strands.
- Influences current mentors and speakers to invite friends and business associates to join the RWL team for the purpose of building resources and expanding program capabilities.
- Manages the RWL mentoring and internship program budgets for the purpose of ensuring that the expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Partners with teachers on the expansion needs for mentors, internships, speakers and guest instructors based on specific class student growth for the purpose of building resources and expanding program capabilities.
- Develops and implements a recognition program for the purpose of formally recognizing business partners and community involvement for their support of the RWL program.
- Leads the implementation of the RWL internship program.
- Partners with industry for the creation and implementation of standardized internship programs with area business.
- Develops and manages a process to qualify and place students with business partners for the purpose of determining appropriate internship opportunities.
RWL Parents and Students
- Participates in parent/teacher functions for the purpose of promoting the features and benefits of the RWL mentoring and internship programs.
- Lead the design, development, marketing, and implementation of after school or summer opportunities on RWL for elementary, middle, and high school students.
University and Business Affiliations
- Assists with the creation of college to career pipelines with area post-secondary institutions.
- Assists in the development of university/college articulation agreements through ongoing relationship management.
- Assists in the management of the processes and documentation of articulation agreements with universities nation-wide.
- Lead the Cerner Scholar’s Program.
Performs other related duties as assigned. Apply at the link below, or click HERE.